Monday, December 7, 2009

Preventing Thieves From Stealing Women's Handbags

I was recently looking at my own handbag, thinking of all the advantages and maybe even disadvantages of my how I handle my own handbag. The first thing that I noticed was the fact that I use it a lot. All the contents of the bag usual stay in my bag at all times, rotating from different bills to receipts that there will be in the bag at a given time of the month. My purse or wallet usually contains all the money that I have on me at that given moment. I'm sure that the majority of people never take their purse out of there handbag, it's the home of the purse.

My handbag has a permanent place in my home too. Here are some Tips on where you should not keep your handbag. It should never be too close to the entrance door, on the entrance table if you have one. Neither should it be on the coat hanger near the entrance of the house. What we also do a lot is while driving our cars we put the bag on the seat next to us. This is a big no-no. You can put it on the floor and try to push it out of site. Or place it on side of the seat by the door on your side. Many handbags have been stolen off car seats, while the driver is sitting right there. If it's a warm day and your car window is open it's very easy for a walker by or a cunning motor cyclist to just grab your bag. Never leave it in the car when you have stepped out even if you don't have anything in the bag of real value, a thief does not know that there might not be anything of value in there and smash your car window just to get at it. Men's brief cases and traveling luggage in visual site in a car are very exciting objects to steal. My brother in-law once told me of an incident that 3 colleagues came back from a trip and stopped for a lunch the two men put their luggage in the boot of the car but the lady insisted on leaving her luggage on the back seat, well 45 minutes later the car window had been smashed in and her luggage gone.

Handbags with long over the shoulder straps are very comfortable, but then we tend to forget to actually secure them with our hand and hold on to them. It is very easy to observe who is not being attendant of their bag and swipe it off a shoulder. So if you need your hands, try and put the bag over your head and shoulder, this might not complement your outfit, but it will secure your bag. Try never to have all your eggs in one basket. Keep credit cards in the separate zipper in your bag, as some thieves steal the bag just to remove the wallet, ditch the bag and run. So there is a bigger chance of you finding your bag with the wallet gone.

I hope that these small insights have been informative.

Article by Claire Calo
Watch the picture on site of a thief caught in action stealing a Women's purse

Article Directory: EzineArticles

No comments:

Post a Comment